Sunday 15 July 2007

painting's done!

We've got the second coat on the walls now, and it looks great if I do say so myself! The doors to the sink are yellow now too :o)


I'm still tossing up between carpet tiles for the floor, or vinyl flooring. Vinyl would be easier to look after on the whole (just sweep up sewing mess, pins etc) but more expensive, and potentially more likely to get marked/damaged easily with heavy furniture etc. Carpet tiles are easy to lay ourselves and half the price of the vinyl quotes so far. Spills can be cleaned by pulling up the tile to wash if necessary, the main downside is that I'd have to vacuum sewing scraps, and pins etc would be harder to clean up. Still trying to decide!
These are the carpet tiles I'm looking at at the moment - the plain ones would be a border on the outside, the spots and squiggles would be for the sewing area and kids area (cut pile, so pins less likely to get caught up in it) and the multi coloured pattern would be for the main shop area.


Please comment if you have any thoughts/suggestions!! :o)

So now I need to concentrate on the furniture, stock and other fun 'shopping' stuff! (I love going shopping, lol!!)

2 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

I reckon go with the carpet. Money is probably a big decider for you. Or is it an option to put vinyl in the sewing area and carpet in the rest of the shop?

Bek said...

Money is important, yes, lol! But so is my sanity, and the more I've been thinking about it, the more I'm thinking that the carpet will drive me crazy! I've found somewhere that I can get commercial vinyl tiles, which if we lay them ourselves, would come in at halfway between the price for the cheapest vinyl and the carpet squares. I'm thinking that is going to be the way to go! Just trying to convince DH that he really *does* want to do all the floor preparation! ;o)